Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Woman of the Week - Johanna Quaas

I first heard about Johanna Quaas on the Colbert Report. She is an 86-year-old competitive gymnast! I started taking gymnastics at the age of 13, which seemed ancient at the time. I was so excited when I heard about this octogenarian gymnast because it proves that you're never too old to follow your dreams. Quaas started taking gymnastics at age 30, and she now competes in senior leagues. She has won nearly a dozen medals in the senior leagues.

Buzz about Quaas started after she performed at the Cottbus World Cup last month in Germany. She showed her talents on the parallel bars and the floor exercise. She did head stands, somersaults, and she even did a cartwheel. You should check her out on YouTube because she is amazing!! Johanna Quaas is a true inspiration. If I’m still around, I hope I’ll still be pursuing my passions when I’m 86 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment