Monday, December 31, 2012

December Donation - Feminist.com

I chose to make my final donation to Feminist.com. The website was founded in 1995 by a group of women who wanted to offer people around the world access to information about human rights, women's issues, health, anti-violence resources, grassroots activism, women's business, and more. It's a wonderful website that includes bountiful resources and information on the feminist movement.

This past year has flown by. 2012 has held many blessings for me and my family. I have enjoyed growing as a feminist over the past year. Researching women that I respect for my "Woman of the Week" posts has been a lot of fun. Having a weekly reminder about why I'm a feminist has been very good for me.

I think it's important for feminists to frequently remind themselves why they support the women's movement. 2012 was a difficult year for women. Our right to choose was questioned (nothing new). Women's access to birth control was attacked. It's obvious that we need to keep fighting for women's rights until we truly are equal.

Even though I'm ending my blog, I'm going to continue to live a feminist lifestyle and appreciate the women and men who support the feminist movement.

"A movement is only composed of people moving. To feel its warmth and motion around us is the end as well as the means."  - Gloria Steinem




No comments:

Post a Comment