Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Woman of the Week - Whitney Houston

At times, Whitney Houston had a rocky personal life, but she had an amazing career, which is why I chose her as Woman of the Week. I was shocked when I heard that she passed away on Saturday. She was only 48 years old. In 2009, Houston was cited as the most-awarded female act of all time by the Guinness Book of World Records. She has six Grammy awards, two Emmy awards, 22 American Music Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, and a grand total of 415 career awards. Go girl!

One of my favorite movies is "The Bodyguard." I need to watch it again soon. She was stunning in that movie (and I love me some Kevin Costner). Whitney was just beginning to revive her music career. It's a shame that she died at such a young age. Rest in peace, Whitney. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment