Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Woman of the Week - Lady Gaga


I have always enjoyed Lady Gaga's music. I went to one of her concerts a few years ago, and it was amazing. She puts on a good show! There has been a lot of controversy lately over Lady Gaga's weight gain. She has recently gained about 25 pounds, and she has admitted that she has struggled with bulimia in the past. To get back at the tabloids for attacking her weight, she posted near-naked pictures of herself on her website. She wrote captions on each picture, "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15...But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION...To Inspire Bravery...and BREED some...COMPASSION."

Lady Gaga admitted that she has struggled with her weight since she was a child. She wrote on her blog, "No amount of help has ever healed my pain about it...when i eat and am healthy and not so worried about my looks, I'm happy. Happier than I've ever been. i am not going to go on a psycho-spree because of scrutiny. This is who I am. And I am proud at any size."

She has always been vocal about self-esteem issues. I think it's wonderful that more women are embracing their natural weight. I know it must be especially difficult for women who are in the spotlight. There is so much pressure from the media to look "perfect." I am delighted that women are now realizing that perfect = natural! 

No comments:

Post a Comment