Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Woman of the Week - Tara Fowler


As of August 28th, 2012, Tara Fowler was declared the oldest woman in the world. She just turned 116 years old on Sunday, August 26th. I chose her as the woman of the week because I just turned 30 on September 4th, and I was feeling a little old. I think being old is a good thing though. With age comes knowledge, experience, and true beauty. I do think people become more beautiful as they age. Too much emphasis is put on the beauty of young women. Most of the girls that are portrayed in the media are in their early twenties, teens, and even pre-teens. 

I think all women should feel beautiful at any age. We should appreciate every wrinkle, every drooping bit of skin, and every age spot. And no woman should have to withstand Botox injections, chemical peels, or face lifts. Those procedures are just self-inflicted torture. I'll take deep wrinkles over a frozen face any day.

Tara Fowler says that the secret to living to 116 is minding your own business and not eating junk food. I agree with one of those things. I just can't stay away from Jalapeno Cheetos!

No comments:

Post a Comment