Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Woman of the Week - Carla Bruni-Sarkozy

Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, a French-Italian singer and former model, became first lady of France in 2008 after marrying Nicolas Sarkozy. Unfortunately, Sarkozy was not re-elected last week (the new president of France is Francois Hollande). Now that Bruni-Sarkozy is no longer first lady of France, she will be dedicating more time to her music career.

I was hooked after hearing Carla Bruni-Sarkozy's most famous song "Quelqu'Un M'a Dit," which translates to "Somebody Told Me." If you haven't heard her music, I strongly suggest you listen to "Quelqu’Un M'a Dit." It has been in several movies including "500 Days of Summer" and "Le Divorce." I'm a bit of a Francophile, and Bruni-Sarkozy is my favorite French singer (okay, she was born in Italy, but she moved to France when she was five years old, so I still consider her a French singer). She has such a sultry singing voice. I enjoy listening to Bruni-Sarkozy's music after a hard day at work because it always relaxes me. 

She has been involved with charity work for years. In 2008, she became the world ambassador for the protection of mothers and children against HIV. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy is a lovely woman, and I am sad that she is no longer the first lady of France. I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for her in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment