Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Woman of the Week - Jen Lancaster

Jen Lancaster's new book, "Jeneration X," hit bookstores (and kindles) yesterday. I have read all of her books, and she is by far the funniest writer that I have come across. She mostly writes memoirs, with the exception of one novel. Her novel was really funny, but she is great at writing about her own experiences.

I actually got to meet Jen Lancaster a couple years ago at one of her book signings. I was one of the first people in line, so my friend and I got to sit in the front row while she read an excerpt from her book and chatted with the audience. I was excited to be just a few feet away from her. She is a truly beautiful woman, and I'm hoping to see her again when she comes back to D.C. for her book tour this month.

Her new book is about maturing and becoming a grown up. She writes about doing volunteer work, getting life insurance, and having a mortgage. I'm really enjoying her book because I feel like I'm experiencing the same life changes. I'm about to leave my twenties behind, and I'm embracing my adulthood. I still know how to have fun, though. I highly recommend her new book. Her first book, "Bitter is the New Black," is also one of my favorites. Check out her website www.jennsylvania.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment