Thursday, January 5, 2012

The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women

I just rented "The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women" from Netflix. I was under the impression that it was a documentary praising the feminist movement. It turns out that it's an anti-feminist documentary by Christian women who claim that feminists have ruined the lives of all women by working outside the home. Lesson learned: from now on, I’ll make sure to read the movie descriptions before ordering movies on Netflix! Here is the review I wrote on the Netflix website:

"I'm watching this documentary right now. I'm laughing while I'm writing this review. I didn’t read the title when I added it to my queue – I was just searching for movies with the word “feminism” in the description. I have respect for ALL women, and it’s a shame that the women in this documentary feel guilty about their choice to not work outside the home. Are they upset because they have a choice about how to live their lives? I'm a feminist, and I have so much respect for homemakers, but I love having a career. Obviously, I disagree with the content, but I'm very proud of the narrator for making this film. I'll bet she felt good "bringing home the bacon" with this documentary!"

Here are a few delightful messages conveyed in this documentary:

"Bosses are not supposed to rule over women. Husbands are supposed to rule over women."

"God created men for leadership. Women ruling is a curse."

"Feminism forces equality even when it's unnatural."

"Feminists agitated the workplace."

"Death is an outcome of feminism." (in reference to abortion)

"Feminists wake up with a chip on their shoulder."

Lovely! I hate to say this, but most of the women interviewed in this film seemed a little slow. I suppose their husbands don’t mind. The women in the documentary seemed brain-washed. It’s a little scary that there are still women who think that women are inferior to men.

No comments:

Post a Comment