Sunday, January 8, 2012

Limitless

I know I'm behind with my movie-watching, but I just watched "Limitless" for the first time. It's about a man who takes a pill every day, and he's suddenly able to do anything he wants to do and be anything he wants to be. After taking a pill, the main character in the movie says, "A tablet a day and what I could do with my day was limitless." Hmmmm...these magic pills sound a little bit like birth control pills to me. You just take one pill every day and you have complete control over your life.

A certain Republican primary candidate, who shall remain nameless (SANTORUM), is opposed to birth control. In October, Rick Santorum told caffeinatedthoughts.com, “One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is, I think, the dangers of contraception in this country. . . . Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.” It's rather terrifying that Santorum almost won the Iowa Caucuses. We can't let anyone take away women's Limitless pills!

No comments:

Post a Comment