Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Donation - Feminist Majority Foundation & Ms. Magazine

I've had fun cutting back for a good cause this month. I have given up $4 coffees, and I stopped buying lunch in the city (my husband and I have been eating a lot of peanut butter & jelly). I was able to save an extra $152.17 this month, which I donated to the Feminist Majority Foundation and Ms. Magazine. My lovely husband also wanted to contribute, so he said he would donate an extra $75 to the Feminist Majority Foundation. Hooray!

The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) was founded in 1987. It is dedicated to women's equality, reproductive health, and non-violence. The FMF website describes their research and action programs which focus on advancing the legal, social and political equality of women and men, countering the backlash to women's advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the feminist movement in the United States. In December of 2001, FMF assumed ownership of Ms. Magazine, which is the media expert on women's status and women's rights.

I have really enjoyed saving up extra money to donate to a cause that I am passionate about. I am looking forward to doing the same for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment